Secret confession: remember earlier in the week when I mentioned that I'd decided it was OK to "not like someone"? Well, akshually... I'd decided it was OK to "hate" someone. I just think that's such a strong word, that I didn't want to tell the whole truth about my decision. But, I had even looked up the word on Merriam-Webster.com and decided that for a few special someones the word seemed to apply, and I promised myself that I would allow myself to use it, if only sparingly. Well, here's the story:
About .2 seconds after hopping on the Interstate today - pop, whizz - a rock hit my windshield and cracked it! My first thought was, damn, if I'd left my house just 2 seconds later, that rock wouldnta hit my windshield (who knew I am such a fatalist!?). The next thing that happened, though, was that I heard these lyrics coming out of my stereo: "Always love. Hate will get you every time. Always love..." Thank you, Nada Surf. In some small way, I think I deserved that crack in the windshield.
Other thoughts of the day:
If money weren't an object I'd: own a VW Westfalia and spend 9 weeks every year tooling around in it; get a massage every week.
5 hours of road trip music included: Nada Surf, Songs from Candyapolis, Jesse Winchester, Elvis Costello, and Uncle Earl (pictured above at Gravity Lounge in Charlottesville, this past Monday on the last stop on their fall tour).
2 comments:
oooh, we're famous!
Yes ma'am. I sure do love your record. I like to sing along! :)
Post a Comment