Monday, July 7, 2008

Obama on Federal bankruptcy reform

One of the reasons that I don't often speak too loudly when it comes to my political opinions is because I always assume that I don't know enough to make an informed decision about which is the "right" answer and which is the "wrong" answer. And, one thing I never want to be caught doing is making a leap to support someone or some position and then later find out that I didn't understand the whole picture about the topic or about the person's position on the topic. I'm very cautious in this way. Well, federal bankruptcy law, and federal bankruptcy reform, is one topic that I know a little something about. And, I think that Obama has gotten it right when it comes to this topic. Click here to read Senator Barack Obama's Floor Statement on S.256, the Bankruptcy Abuse and Prevention Act of 2005.

No comments: