Friday, November 9, 2007

Email Message to Roomie

Great chapter, K. The Thai script came through no problem. I didn't have to do anything on my laptop or my work computer in order to read it. I like seeing the pictures too. Looking at the one of you (self-took, I guess) I feel like you are right where you are suppose to be right now.

I'm sitting on the couch with my feet on the ottoman right now. TV's turned on for background noise. The washing machine is agitating downstairs, and the furnace also likes to grumble now that it's cold enough to turn itself on and off. I feel like it's my friendly monster down in the basement who's just shaking it up a little bit to say hello. The house is a wreck. The dishes won't stay washed, there's stuff all over the living room and there's laundry on the bathroom floor. Things are clean, just scrubbed the bathroom this morning and mopped the kitchen this weekend. You'd laugh to see the place in such disarray, though. Also, the mums on the front porch? Well, they've been dead for weeks. It's a laughing shame really. Who has time for all this stuff, anyway! :)

Had a good week. My neck is finally starting to feel healthy again - it's been a long six weeks - and just in time for me to start training for the 10 Miler. The race is 5 months away, so it's plenty long for me to really take it easy on my runs for a while. I'm meeting some girl friends for a run in the morning, and looking forward to it.

Heaving thinking about what to do with my life. I can't decide: nursing school or a Master's degree. A Master's might take me to Austin for a few years, or Portland, or Columbia (SC) or Atlanta. Austin or Portland seem exciting. Anyway, I keep reminding myself of the philosophy: there are no wrong choices. I'm glad we were able to tease that out enough this summer for it to sink in, or at least come to mind during times like these.

How are things with Aui?

Love.
Cat

No comments: