Have you ever received something that you didn't know you needed until after you'd received it? I kinda feel like that's what we (I) have found in President Obama. Not that we didn't know we needed something new - that's without a doubt - but it's that the particular brand of new that we got seems to be just the right kind of remedy. I'm thinking specifically about his emphasis on personal responsibility, parental responsibility, and service to community.
Garrett, I'm sure, secretly wishes that I'd sit on my couch more often because he gets the best snuggling lap from me then.
Facebook. I'm not sure it does anyone any good. Too much sand, not enough rocks, as they say. But, in lieu of canceling my account all together, I am going to use the "Delete friend" button more often. Because I can.
In touch with all of my nieces this week. Kallie was eating oatmeal with berries (just like her Aunt Cat); 19 year old Adrienne is thinking of buying a house (WTF!?); Sarah and her boy have been dating for nearly 11 months (huge for a 16 year old!).
Fingerscrossed for SMH. And, feel better soon CEH.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment