The pedestrian mall in Downtown Charlotteville is a center for business, shopping, restaurants and entertainment. In good weather, the entire 10 block brick-paved stretch will be full of life, and yesterday was no exception. It was in the low-70's and Sunny, a perfect fall day. Best I can tell, the activity started early yesterday morning with a 5K, the Chocolate Chase, and then there was a dog show (or how else do you explain all of the well-groomed, costumed dogs walking their owners around?), a Mandy Moore spotting (who-ever she is!), and where else could you be entertained by a coordinated street performance by a fiddle player and a juggler accompanying a harpist? This photograph is of a sort of kiosk, where layered posters advertise upcoming music shows mostly, along with other assorted things, like rooms for rent, and I even see an occasional ad for Skydive Orange. As far as I can tell, it's the only dedicated spot on the mall for posting these kinds of things, other than businesses that allow posters on their storefront windows, and it's right in front of a favorite lunch spot, so I often stop and review for upcoming events.
Other weekend activities included: working in Lynchburg - the drive is starting to be the best part of the deal, lots of music listening, and composing writing in my head (including the occasional music review) and yesterday, enjoying the fall colors, which I was afraid would never surface because of the drought. Also, a study date downtown with C, including walking too and from; engaging PBS documentary on Crossword puzzles and the Crossword puzzle championship; sleeping in, and the cats letting me (a rare gift); pancakes were yum, but attempt to cook scrambled eggs as well as my Sister didn't go so well. Plans for resting, studying, and a sunshiny walk. And, maybe a movie at Vinegar Hill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment