Saturday, October 13, 2007

The lived experience of the body-self

Struggling with productivity today, as I live with discomfort in my neck, still. Thinking about embodied knowledge and the links between social orders and personal distress. Thinking about "living your bliss" and what that means, and still trying to figure out what I need to do in order to accomplish that. Sometimes it seems so clear, albeit out of reach, and other times the what just seems so unimportant, as long as it isn't this.

Lost items found and returned, so she knows, I hope, that she's not completely crazy. Listening and wanting to convince her that she's the absolute best and someone to be admired, while not diminishing her frustrations and sadnesses. Wondering what can be done to help certain people get why it takes so long to leave the house, and wishing for her infinite and restorative patience. Wanting to help, and wondering, "Have I helped?"

Spending a little too much time indulging in my obsession today -- but there are lots of new things to see and hear and do!

Realizing that I need to remind myself to go running in the morning. Where did the habit go? Coffee and bagels will help with the motivation.

No comments: